Skip to main content

Financial Aid

Student Financial Assistance is available through a variety of federal, state and institutional programs for those who demonstrate a financial need. We also offer a Payment Plan option that all students may use. 

  • Summer 2023 —Submit your 2022–23 FAFSA at

  • Fall 2023, Spring 2024, Summer 2024  - Submit your 2023 - 24 FAFSA at

Important Financial Aid Update 

Consumer Information

Apply For Financial Aid

Forms Databank

What's Available?

There are grants, scholarships, loans, and work-study programs offered to help you meet your college goals.  Browse the information provided in this section to help you determine the best option(s) for you.

In addition to the options below, you may also be eligible for Scholarships.

Scholarship Info

Types of Federal & State Aid Available

    The Pell Grant is a grant entitlement program, which pays applicants who meet program eligibility criteria.
    The Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG) is a grant program that is awarded to the "most needy" students.  There are limited SEOG funds.  Students should meet the March 15 priority application deadline to ensure consideration. 
  • FEDERAL Work-Study:
    The Federal Work-Study Program (FWSP) is an award for students with a financial need to earn money towards educational expenses.  It does not guarantee a job. Work-study employees are assigned an average of 15-20 hours of work per week.  All new work-study employees will need to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification Form and provide an acceptable form of identification before beginning work.
  • COMA Grant:
    The Commonwealth Award (COMA) Grant is a state grant with an amount that ranges depending on the student's needs. Must be enrolled at least 6 credits a semester in order to be eligible.
  • PTAP Grant:
    The Part-time Tuition Assistance Program (PTAP) Grant is a state program based on need and awarded to eligible students who are enrolled for 1 to 8 credits a semester (excluding any Activity Fees).
    All Direct Loans are either subsidized (the government pays the interest while you’re in school) or unsubsidized (you pay all the interest, with the option of payments deferred until after graduation).  Students enrolled for a minimum of six semester credit hours are allowed to borrow varying amounts based on Dependent/Independent status and class level*.
    The Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) program enables parents of dependent students to borrow money to cover any costs not already covered by financial aid, up to the full cost of attendance. Students must be enrolled for a minimum of six semester credit hours.

*For Federal Stafford Loans incoming transfer students are classified as freshmen until their transcripts are reviewed.  Students are considered Freshman level if fewer than 30 credit hours have been completed.  For more than 30 credit hours (excluding developmental courses) students are classified as Sophomore level.

CVCC does not offer private loans. We encourage students to borrow as little as possible in student loans.