If you are are located at one of our satellite campus sites or you prefer to have your order pre-packed for pick up, you can place an order online. Once your order has been fulfilled, a staff member will contact you to arrange a time for pick up. Please be advised that product inventory is subject to change at anytime, and we will try our best to accommodate those with diet restrictions. Please use link at the top of the page to place an order.
The Central Grab-n-Go is a food pantry initiative started to assist our campus population impacted by food insecurity by providing free food and related items. The USDA defines food insecurity as a state in which “consistent access to adequate food is limited by a lack of money and other resources at times during the year." Our goal is to bridge the hunger gap by providing resources and food staples.
Who can use The Central Grab-n-Go
- Currently enrolled CVCC students, faculty, and staff with a valid CVCC ID can access the pantry. You are allowed one visit per week, up to 10 items of your choosing. If you or someone you know is in need of emergency food, please visit or contact TheCentral@centralvirginia.edu.
- Staff members with The Central Grab-N-Go can also assist students with applying for state benefits if they qualify for them. These benefits include SNAP, TANF, Medicaid, WIC etc. If you need assistance, please contact the Central Grab-n-Go by emailing us at TheCentral@centralvirginia.edu OR you can stop by to inquire about applying.
What to expect when visiting The Central Grab-n-Go
- Upon arrival you will be greeted by staff, asked to swipe your ID Card at the Kiosk. The Kiosk helps the staff keep track of the number of individuals served, and it also helps us to have a better understanding of the campus needs.
- After everything has been verified, you will receive a grocery bag to shop for your items.
- The student worker will review the contents with you to ensure that food allergies and dietary restrictions have been addressed and to review the enclosed resource booklet.
The Central Grab-n-Go is located in the Student Center- Amherst Building, Room 2600.
The Central Grab-n-Go hours
Although we strive to be open Monday-Friday 8am-5pm, there may be changes depending on the semester and staff availability. Please look on the door for opening hours. If there is a time when a staff member is not present, or there is a need outside of our posted staff hours for the semester- you call 434-832-7806 for assistance!
How to Donate
You can help support The Central Grab-n-Go feed people in need with your donations. You can drop off items anytime in the collection bins located in the student center, Amherst Hall OR you can drop them off directly to the pantry if we are open. Please note that we can't accept damaged, opened, or expired items.
Most Needed Items
- Canned Fruit
- Canned Soup
- Canned Vegetables
- Dry Beans
- Peanut Butter
- Ramen Noodles
- Tomato Sauce
- Feminine Products
The Central Grab-n-Go at CVCC provides food and other essentials to students and staff in need. Our goal is to help close the hunger gap for our campus population.
If you would like to make a monetary donation please send a check to :
CVCC Educational Foundation
3506 Wards Rd
Lynchburg, VA 24502
Please note on the check that the donation is for CVCC's The Central Grab-n-Go.
Please contact us to discuss placing a large donation or organizing a food drive.