Join the Fastest Growing Industry in the Nation
The solar power industry is a rapidly growing field that is expected to help ease human dependence on the use of fossil fuels. Solar panels are now rated to produce up to 600 volts of electricity, and the cost of purchasing and installing these panels for residential purposes has been reduced considerably. Because of this, the need for solar installers has increased and is projected to grow with the demand. The purpose of this program is to endow students with previously limited/no practical work experience in solar/photovoltaic equipment installation with the skills to obtain employment successfully and promptly as utility-scale solar installation technicians (DOL SOC 47-2231.00).
- Understanding and value of safety culture
- OSHA-10 safety principles
- Solar-specific safety principles
- Basic construction skills
- Solar panel installation and mounting skills
- Practical experience of utility-scale solar installation field work through repeated simulation in worksite conditions
- Employability skills
- October 18 & 19, 2021 (Monday & Tuesday) (9:00am – 5:00pm)
- October 25 & 26, 2021 (Monday & Tuesday) (9:00am – 5:00pm)
- November 3 & 4, 2021 (Wednesday & Thursday) (9:00am – 5:00pm)
- November 10 & 11, 2021 (Wednesday & Thursday) (9:00am – 5:00pm)
Full tuition: $897 (without financial option)
Financial Options Available
- Cost: $299 – Workforce Credential Grant (WCG) provides funds to individuals that meet Virginia Domicile criteria. Eligibility determined during online class registration.
- Cost: $0 – Financial Aid for Noncredit Training leading to Industry Credential (FANTIC) provides funding for students demonstrating financial need based on income limits.
- Cost: $0 – G3 Get Skilled, Get a Job, and Get Ahead provides funding for students demonstrating financial need based on income limits.
- Cost: $149.50 – Students that meet Virginia Domicile criteria and live in a county or city eligible for funding through the Tobacco Commission.
- Cost: $0 – Additional resources are available through Community Partners.