Keeping America’s Businesses Moving
The main focal points during the course will include preventive maintenance, highway safety and handling hazardous materials. Pre-trip inspections, keeping logbooks updated, and constant backing up and twisting and turning to maneuver the trucks will become a safety habit.
Trucking companies are interested only in drivers with good driving records. DUI’s, reckless driving, and too many speeding tickets are unacceptable. We will not require one, but the motor carrier will run a criminal background check on all prospective employees. Conviction of theft or use of drugs will probably prevent your being hired by a trucking company.
A prospective student must provide the following one week prior to the start of class:
- Be 18 years of age
- Have a valid Virginia driver’s license
- Provide the school with a copy of his/her driving record
- Pass a D.O.T physical exam
- Pass a drug test and allow permission to being randomly tested for drugs and alcohol during the program
- Must have CDL-A learner’s permit