FastForward Hybrid Apprentice Medical Scribe Professional (AMSP™) Program
This hybrid course will cover the roles and functions of a scribe, as well medical terminology, coding, use of an EHR, and various progress note formats. Upon completion, students will be prepared to sit for the Apprentice Medical Scribe Professionals (AMSP™) Certification exam. This class will be a mix of classroom hours and online work.
As the use of Electronic Records continues to become more widespread in the healthcare industry, the need for Medical Scribes continues to grow. This quickly emerging profession allows the Scribe to work directly with physicians to accurately document all aspects of the patient visit.
Students begin the course with Medical Terminology training, designed to assist students in learning medical language and basic structure and function of the human body.
American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) training is also incorporated into the class to prepare students to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations, and provide early use of an AED. This training is specifically designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills.
- 18 HRS – Medical Terminology (Online)
- 4 HRS – AHA BLS (In-Person)
- 80 HRS – Classroom Instruction (Online & In-Person)
- 25 HRS – Clinical Rotations (Employer locations)
- Apprentice Medical Scribe Professional (AMSP™)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Accrediting Agencies:
- American Healthcare Documentation Professionals Group™
- American Heart Association (AHA)
Costs & Financial Aid:
- $2,100.00 *Hardcopy course materials and exam fees are included in tuition.
- Funding Breakdown (eligibility dependent):
- FF WCG: $700.00
- FF WCG/FANTIC: $70.00 to $0
- FF WCG/Tobacco Commission: $350.00
- G3: $0
- VA Ready – $1,000 Credential Award for VA Ready Scholars
- Re-Employing Virginians (REV): Up to $1,500 & $3,000
- Other (Community Partners – WIOA,DSS & others): TBD
- Semester: Winter/Spring 2022
- Application Deadline: Tuesday, January 11, 2022
- Payment Deadline: Tuesday, January 25, 2022
- Class Dates: February 14 – June 22, 2022 (6 PM – 10 PM)
- Medical Terminology: Mondays & Wednesdays, February 14 – February 28, 2022
- Basic Life Support (BLS): Wednesday, March 2, 2022
- Lecture/Lab: Mondays & Wednesdays, March 14 – May 23, 2022
- Clinical Dates/Times: May 24 – June 17, 2022 *Schedule Unique to Student
- Exam Review: Monday, June 20, 2022
- Exam: Wednesday, June 22, 2022:
- Virtual online and in-person classrooms, laboratories, and clinical sites (Hybrid).
- PRIOR to APPLYING: Create your Workforce Profile at augusoft.net, Workforce Enterprise System (WES) and proceed with course application steps.
- ALL EMAIL CORRESPONDENCE WITH CVCC’S OFFICE OF WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT SHOULD INCLUDE A SUBJECT LINE WITH APPLICANT/STUDENT LAST NAME AND PROGRAM OF INTEREST.
- APPLY at: augusoft.net
- Feb. 14, 16, 21, 23, 28
- March 2, 14, 16, 21, 23, 28, 30 *March 7 & 9 (No Class/Spring Break)
- April 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20, 25, 27
- May 2, 4, 9, 11, 16, 18
- May 23 Makeup Day
- June 17 Exam Review
- June 22 Exam