NCCER Electrical 2 Certification
The NCCER Electrical 2 program is the second in the series of four and requires that students have taken and passed the NCCER Electrical 1 prior to enrollment in this course. Electrical 2 modules cover Alternation Current, Motors: Theory and Application, Electric Lighting, Conduit Bending, Grounding and Bonding, Control Systems and Fundamental Concepts, Pull and Junction Boxes, Cable Tray, Conductor Installation, Terminations and Splices, and Circuit Breakers and Fuses. Students will need access to a computer/laptop and internet.
Class Date: January 10, 2022 – May 09, 2022
Schedule: Monday 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. (Total 48 hours)
Cost: Full tuition: $1602 (without financial option)
Financial Options Available
- Cost: $534 – Workforce Credential Grant (WCG) provides fund to individuals that meet Virginia Domicile criteria. Eligibility determined during online class registration.
- Cost: $0 – Financial Aid for Noncredit Training leading to Industry Credential (FANTIC) provides funding for students demonstrating financial need based on income limits.
- Cost: $0 – G3 Get Skilled, Get a Job, and Get Ahead provides funding for students demonstrating financial need based on income limits.
- Cost: $267 – Students that meet Virginia Domicile criteria and live in a county or city eligible for funding through the Tobacco Commission.
- Cost: $0 – Additional resources are available through Community Partners.
- Financial Aid Available: Yes (Contact Workforce Office)