NCCER Core Introductory Craft Skill Certification
The NCCER Core Introductory Craft Skills course is a prerequisite to all other NCCER Level 1 craft curriculum (plumbing, carpentry, electrical, welding, industrial maintenance, etc.). Core modules cover Introduction to Construction Math, Hand Tools, Power Tools, Construction Drawings, and Materials Handling. Basic Safety, Rigging, Communication Skills, and Employability Skills are also covered. Students will need access to a computer/laptop and internet.
Completing this curriculum gives the trainee the basic skills needed to continue education in any craft area he or she chooses. The program can also be helpful to the “home mechanic” who wants to practice basic safety when conducting home maintenance, learn to use hand and power tools properly, and read basic schematics and drawings
Financial Options Available
- Cost: $366 – Workforce Credential Grant (WCG) provides fund to individuals that meet Virginia Domicile criteria. Eligibility determined during online class registration.
- Cost: $0 – Financial Aid for Noncredit Training leading to Industry Credentials (FANTIC) provides funding for students demonstrating financial need based on Income limits.
- Cost: $0 – G3 Get Skilled, Get a Job, and Get Ahead provides funding for students demonstrating financial need based on income limits.
- Cost: $183 – Students that meet Virginia Domicile criteria and live in a county or city eligible for funding through the Tobacco Commission.
- Cost: $0 – Additional resources are available through Community Partners.
- Financial Aid Available: Yes (Contact Workforce Office)